We talk / read lot about time management. We create list, adjust our work time, sleep time, use digital media etc. to save or manage our time; but if we don’t understand why time management is important to us all are efforts are use lets. We need to have motivation to do whatever we are doing and if we are doing time management, we should know why it is so important for us to better management of our time.
We have to first look at the big picture. Get a handle on why managing our time effectively is important, and what we stand to gain from it. We can get started by reviewing these 8 reasons time management is crucial:
- Time is limited: No mater how you would like to spend , there are only 24 hours in a day. If you want to rise through the ranks, you have to acknowledge the importance of finding a way to manage this limited resource.
- You can accomplish more with less effort: You can learn to take control of your time, this will improve your ability to FOCUS. Once you get a good focus you don’t lose momentum, you will start to breeze through tasks more quickly.
- Improved decision making ability : With effective time management you will over come from the problem of running out of time, and you will feel more calm and in control . When the time comes to examine options and make a decision, instead of rushing through process, you can take time to carefully consider each option and when you’re able to do that, you diminish your chances of making a bad decision.
- Become more successful in your career: Time management is the key to success. It allows you to take control of your life rather than following the flow of others. As you accomplish more each day, make more sound decisions, and feel more in control, people notice. Leaders in your business will come to you when they need to get things done. And that increased exposure helps put you in line for advancement opportunities.
- Learning opportunities are everywhere: Obviously, the more you learn, the more valuable you are to your employer. And great learning opportunities are around you, if you’ve got time to stop and take advantage them.
- Reduce stress: Since you have time for everything and you are not rushing for anything you manage your stress level too. You are in better control of yourself.
- Free time is necessary: Everyone needs time to relax and unwind. We hardly get time with our daily work and responsibilities; but with time management, when you are working you get extra work done and free some time for you.
- Self-discipline is valuable: When you practice good time management, you leave no room for procrastination. The better you get at it, the more self-discipline you learn. This is a valuable skill that will begin to impact other areas of your life where a lack of discipline has kept you from achieving a goal.
Good time management allows you to accomplish more in a shorter period of time, which leads to more free time, which lets you take advantage of learning opportunities, lowers your stress, and helps you focus, which leads to more career success. Each benefit of time management improves another aspect of your life.