Help desk management software is getting implemented these days in high numbers. Increase in usage is because the customers are renewing the services or product AMC’s with companies, who have been offering excellent customer service.
Customer support in the company is set to achieve the goals of increasing sales revenue and retaining a loyal customer base.
There is an evolution of online support that has been seen rapid over the past few years. Early days spreadsheets, phone calls and tech assistance who were engaged in the help desk to solve customer issues. Today with the help of technology and cloud based help desk ticketing system have become the backbone for many companies, who are engaged in customer support operations.
Complaints are good for the companies, to have a check of the usage of a product or service is happening and good quality to be retained. On receiving the complaint, tickets are raised with the help desk management system and are assigned to the support team for resolving an issue of customers. While an ongoing customer support process, updates are happening to review the statuses of the complaints. Efficiency of the customer support is achieved on the continuous interactions happening with customers and keep updating the progress of the complaint.
Use of 12 important features in a cloud help desk software and its smart rules for the automation of the customer support department. During the customer support complaints ticket inflow is never predicted, but it has to be managed well and streamlining the customer support team.
This is the reason, 12 Commandments – 12 important rules of online customer support software helps to automate the complaint tasks and help desk workflow.
12 Important features of a having a good Help Desk Management System
Main advantages of adopting an online support software, help to automate the tickets, able to focus on managing customer complaints, streamlining the tickets and able to team tracking with the status on the issues.
1) Automation of the tickets: Regardless of the industry vertical, customer complaints are getting registered. Customer complaints automation to perform the tasks assigned to the support team, which is to be attended and ticket response is needed to resolve the issue. This ticket automation is having an action on every ticket and it is performed on the predefined conditions set in the cloud help desk software. The rules helping to automate these actions are assigning tickets to the right skilled based technician, type of tickets with status and a priority. Triggering email notifications to the customers on registration of complaints and support team on the assignment of the complaint task. Moreover helping with the actions performed parameters are different ticket fields, contact details of the customer ticket along with the company details.
Read our blog
2) Source of related tickets: Online customer support software is integrable with the website, cloud telephony solution, social media and other sources for registering the complaint tickets. This helps to increase simple, repetitive requests of issues in the help desk management software. It makes it easy to handle the issues by the customer support team and answering them all individually for the better customer satisfaction.
3) Status on the Service Level Agreement: Customers to be happy with customer satisfactions and wow factor required, then there has to be a strict service level escalations matrices set into the online customer support software to deliver consistently timely support with resolution. The purpose of providing a unique and robust customer support with the proper service level agreement management function, retaining the loyal customers will be high and revenue increase will be seen by the companies. Objective has to be a customer complaint with low or high priority not to be neglected. Measurable preferences on SLA matrices to be set for getting the best results from the customer support department on the complaints resolved and within stipulated time.
Customer support executives review their tickets, they are aware of the urgency and priority among the allotted tickets. With SLA metrics in the help desk management system, it is easy to prioritize the complaint tickets and follow the SLA rules without violating.
4) Ticket templates are customizable: Company’s registering the complaint tickets are not the same, it differs from the process they have been into. Creating a customizable ticket template with cloud help desk software can be done and making the responses to the tickets even becomes more easier and manageable.
5) Ticket queues: Ticket queues help in preventing multiple people handling the same ticket at the same time. Managing the assigned tickets, so that customer support executives are able to work around on the assigned tickets. By having the ticket queues, organizing the support executive tickets more efficiently.
6) Ticket status options: Every ticket with the option of “Open” or “Closed” is available in online support software. Moreover the option of customizing the status, as per the company business is manageable with the help desk management software. Enabling to send emails to customers automatically, when a status change in the ticket is possible with the help desk management system.
7) Response due time: Response of the tickets, which are close to the response time set in the SLA metrics. The tickets assigned first to the support team will be having the condition to respond first, if the response is not attended in the stipulated time then it will get assigned to the next level as per the set SLA metrics. In the online support software, it gives enough time to the support executive to respond to the complaint, before there is a breach in the response due time. The new unassigned tickets to be configured and the ticket to be assigned to a skilled support executive, removed from their queue and reassigned.
8) Actions on tickets: All the ticket conversations need to be reviewed by the support team heads and necessary actions to be taken if the customers are not happy with the support. As per the tickets and their status updated during the ongoing support process, if necessary it can be reassigned to the skilled technicians for the immediate actions to be taken to resolve the issue. Keeping the ticket conversations in the cloud based help desk ticketing system with realtime update, so that it is reviewed and in-time actions to record is taken by the support head.
9) Product management and deals to be accessed: Product list to be viewed and manageable in the online customer support software, reason customer support team are dealing with the customers complaint. The deals which have been done with physical or virtual way, customer queries and issues understanding is easy. This will help in time saving by the customer support executive, instead of getting the details through external files. Track the customer detailed information in regard to the sales order and product delivered to them, available and shown on the ticket page itself.
10) Personalize the customer’s ticket: Customer support team, while handling the customers ticket, knowing more about the customers is a best way to resolve their issues. Help desk management system provides the detailed information of the customer with the ticket details. It provides the information including the customers feedback – how satisfied is your customer, how many tickets are open, closed and if any other queries, which is registered and unattended. Moreover, how long is this loyal customer with the company?
Read our blog
11) Self issue resolving tool: Customers to be educated with handling the self explanatory FAQ over website to resolve the minor issues. Customers can get the answers over the FAQ for the manageable issues and need not spend time on the queue for registering the complaints. Moreover sharing the knowledge base article on resolving the frequent arising issues which can be resolved by the customers.
12) Ticket submission form – Customers have the flexibility of directly registering their complaints within a help desk management software. Customers are allowed to enter the data on the ticket forms with issues faced by them. Cloud based help desk ticketing system will capture the vital information needed as per the company’s requirement on the customers issues. This will help to reduce the number of queries understanding the customer complaint and will be able to speed up the resolution time of tickets.
Ticket activity management, complaints received through the emails and other sources and attachments shared by the customers related to the products or service are accessible in a single view. SalesBabu integrates seamlessly with G Suite, which helps to build and streamline complaint tickets in the help desk management system. Customers can submit their complaints through their preferred channels and these service requests are converted into tickets. All the tickets are managed in a centralized location and easy to assign to the dedicated area customer support executives to handle the issue.
This includes the complaint management, tracking of the issues and self service options to resolve the minor issues faced by the customers. Dashboard provides a comprehensive view of team performance, feedback to improve customer service and graphical MIS – bar, pie chart reports. Online customer support software lets customer support teams collaborate within themselves.