In the current era, India’s economic market has grown huge and multifaceted with thousands of distributors, retailers and end customers with billions of transactions every day. How can your company take control of these transactions and individual customer requirements? How can you manage these transactions and create an organised revenue-generating business model?
With rapidly changing market dynamics, every business needs an organised and methodological system of tracking sales transactions and channelized management system. Given this scenario, more & more companies are moving towards automated distributor management software for the holistic visibility of their business sales.
In India, SalesBabu DMS is one of the most trusted Distributor Management software which provides end-to-end support for managing your promotions, improving productivity, streamlining inventory management and sales processes, and distributor claims.
Among various business models, FMCG is one sector which is one of the fast-moving and developing industries due to a wide variety of product requirements on a daily basis.
Why is a DMS needed?
Channel sales management in India has numerous challenges which can be handled using an organised and systematic solution of automated software support. Let’s discuss more on the issues in channel sales management process which increase the criticality of a distributed Management software system.
- Majority of Indian distributors are small scale firms with unorganized entities that have inadequate capital and technical infrastructure.
- Multi brand distributors find it difficult to manage data of various brands under one umbrella without a software support.
- Organised data and centralised information system is lacking in most of the large distributors.
- Rural area business processes add several levels in the distribution chain, adding cost and inefficiency.
- Real time data on orders, demand supply chain, claims and returns cause lot of overstocking or out of stock situations, which cause huge monetary losses.
- Substandard logistics infrastructure and restricted web service access.
These and more issues are seen in daily work items of most of the business organisation which causes huge supply cycle delays and losses.
Benefits of DMS:
- Improved Regulatory Compliance: Compliance requirements for certain documents will be quite complex. Non-conformance will lead to revoking of a license, fines, and also in some cases, it will lead to criminal liability. DMS will reduce the risk of non-compliance. Records retention schedules, all the new documents can be classified easily and also stored.
- Better backup and Disaster Recovery : Any document management solutions should have a data backup and disaster recovery plan. With the digital archiving of the documents as a backup, all the paper documents will be protected from fire, floods, or any other disasters. With a DMS, documents are highly traceable and can be easily tracked within a range of criteria. Also, because the images of documents that are centrally stored cannot be lost or misplaced after viewing them.
- Enhanced security : Security for documents is highly critical for organisations of any size to keep all sensitive data protected. DMS will provide better control of the sensitive documents and also provide access to the documents which can be controlled at different folder levels by different groups or individuals. DMS also leaves an audit trail for who has viewed the document, when was it accessed and also how it might have been modified.
- Better collaboration : With DMS sharing of information and collaboration becomes much easier. Documents that are captured from various sources can be accessed from different locations. DMS provides visibility to the business process and also allows for better workflow monitoring. Authorized access for external users which can be allowed and monitored.
DMS also offer version controls that will allow the older versions of the same document to be recovered if needed. This is very important when multiple parties are working on the same document and there are so many changes made in the document which were not authorized or meant to happen.
How a Distributor Management System can overcome these Challenges
Sales Analytics and Trends
FMCG is a business sector which needs daily reports on its sales and product flow in the market. Being a pregnable business model, FMCG sector cannot go without a trend analysis to maintain the demand supply chain of various products in hand.
Stock Out Scenarios
Unorganised stock forecasting can end up into frequent stock-out situation which not only harms the brand name but also increases the risk of losing to competitive brands.
Order management is very critical for FMCG sector as its majorly regularize many critical products in the market. An unorganised system of order management can jeopardize the whole working model of a business.
Price Circulation and Control
If we don’t have an organised stock inflow in the market, it usually ends up into price fluctuations and mismanaged order delivery. FMCG sector needs to have an organised system of price and product delivery control.
Better Procurement Planning
An organised system of raw material and product procurement is very critical for a smooth demand and supply chain. An unorganised FMCG business can create a huge lag in the supply lifecycle of products and increase distress among customers.
Advantages of Distributor Management System adoption
In today’s world of internet and technologies, operations and process management have become quite efficient. With the right tools and software like SalesBabuCRM, your employees can focus better decision making and logical thinking, and automating monotonous and repetitive tasks to the maximum amount possible.
Below are some of the advantages of using a Distribution Management System.
The FMCG sector has to handle a lot of products with the growing demand for a variety of products. Managing every product manually with different vendors’ and distributors’ details can be quite hectic and error-prone.
Through an online distributor management system like SalesBabu CRM, we can empower our team to control, monitor, and manage the distribution process hassle-free and in an organised manner.
SalesBabu CRM provides an integrated system of managing a complete network including inventory management, payments, invoicing, order management, and delivery management which encourages more distributors to do business with our firm and get great customer service with an organised product delivery system.
FMCG business needs an organised system which can keep a track of all its products with individual distributor details along with information on the price list and other delivery details. Managing every detail manually can only be a nightmare in reality.
SalesBabu DMS provides a centralized cloud-based repository which collects every minute detail of companies products and delivery cycle and records it in a systematic manner.
With everything in an organised manner, it becomes very easy and efficient to track stock details, reorders and tracking of the individual supply chains of various products. These features help in creating a well-planned and regulated data management system for any FMCG business.
Stock maintenance is very critical to maintaining a healthy FMCG sector. As this sector has daily demand and supply chain, maintaining a consistent workflow of its process is very important to have a successful business model.
Our DMS provides real-time inventory management features where team members can keep a track of every stock which goes and come out from its warehouses.
A centralised cloud-based environment help in recording every inventory detail and helps in stock forecasting for various products and market trends to avoid overstock and out-of-stock situations.
Understanding your stock requirement helps in regulating the cash flow in the business and investing in a better profitable business model.
Order and billing management
FMCG is a daily business model, customer and distributors both need daily money transaction which involves thousands of money transaction for the firm on a regular basis. Managing all these details behind the desk may cause a lot of discomfort for the employees.
Our SaaS application provides a lot of mobile app solutions and features which help employees to generate bills, manage invoices and sales orders on the go and provide a flexible and round-the-clock software solution for employees and the sales team.
Also, the sales team can create different reports on sales campaigns and quotations for different distributors on the move and provide support to improve sales turnover time for the firm.
Live location sharing and other features of the Sales Mobile app provide a lot of flexible features to balance the work-life balance of employees and improve the overall productivity of the team.
Analyze and track business
A holistic business approach with reports and dashboards that collect 360-degree data on every process in the business is a sure-shot formula of an organised business model. Salesbabu DMS provides features where a single centralised repository stores all information concerning partners, stocks, clients, supplies, and suppliers.
Business decisions and stock forecasting processes can be easily formulated using these software facilities of data-driven reports and analysis on various factors driving the demand-supply chain for the firm.
An FMCG business cannot work without daily and monthly reports of their product’s demand and supply chain and also stock details for every supplier and retailer.
FMCG being a very vulnerable market needs a regular check of the demand for various products based on different external and environmental factors. Our solution provides a broader view of enterprises’ revenue status and other challenges and upcoming trends in the market.
Customer insight and a healthy relationship are very important for any growing business in today’s era. A small review on social media or web chats can ruin many years of hard work and brand name for growing companies.
FMCG companies are very vulnerable to market changes and competitive products, hence they require an organised system to ensure complete customer satisfaction for their clients.
Regular feedback from customers and distributors, along with an efficient customer service system, will enable FMCG companies to hold their place for a long-lasting and profitable relationship with their clients.
An automated distributor management system can be a game-changing decision for FMCG businesses. Having a loyal and returning customer crowd, you can gain a massive competitive edge for your business.
The ongoing product overflow and retail level saturation in FMCG business sector has made the role of a distributor incrementally important.
A good Distributor Management System software like SalesBabuCRM, streamlines all workflows and activities, improves the efficiency of supply chain lifecycle, remove stock outs and overstocking scenarios and allows companies to access real time data of its products and distributors.
With the right software platform support system, you can achieve high performance in even the most fast-moving and fragmented marketplace like FMCG sector and other economic market.