Just like the never ending technologies which are available in the present environment there are advances in hacking as well.
In the present business world, where CRM software is used widely in the business, it becomes important to keep all the data safe and secure. Every business has certain essential data depending upon the size of the business and maintaining the data with utmost security is also important. Small businesses and startups are more prone to such hacking issues where they are unaware about the tricks and tactics of the hackers.
Every best CRM software comes up with the powerful tools in order to access and control your records. You can also share and collaborate on records with different departments. As a business firm you will possess loads of data and information depending upon the size of your company. Thus, when you store your information and data in a cloud based CRM software, it will remain private and it can also be protected by inappropriate access.
And when you keep your CRM software upgraded from time to time, you can avoid the system getting hacked by susceptible hackers. Your data and information about customer’s address, phone number, email or any business related data is all safe, secure and private in the CRM System.
Read your blog – 5 Reasons you need to keep your CRM upto date
You might have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that has come into effect. And for those who are unaware about GDPR, here it is. GDPR is a privacy regulation that provides control over personal data and assures security to the stored information. The personal data may include name, email address, personal interests, location, ID data and further more data.
On May 31, 2019 it was stated in “The Diplomat” about the beginning of GDPR in India which might result to pose new challenges to the users.
If you are thinking that these GDPRs are just for bigger enterprises with huge data, it’s a NO. Every business that makes use of the centralised data to store data of their clients and customers, the GDPR can’t be ignored.
And if you are a CRM software user, here are certain tips which are advised from the National Cyber Security Alliance ( NCSA) –
- The NCSA recommends you to
- Install a firewall which manages the access to all the business data.
- Further add an antivirus program in order to push away the malware and phishing attempts. Phishing attempts are the act of sending fake emails that claims to be from a legal organisation. For instance, you received an email to provide some information that is missing in your account. These informations may be account details, PIN or passwords etc. Further these confidential information is used by hackers for fraud means.
- Then it becomes your atmost responsibility to ensure that your operating systems are updated regularly.
- Make sure you use online dashboard tools that allows the department heads to track the usage of the CRM software and also to be notified when anything is wrong.
- Lastly, check in with the website vendor in order to ensure they are following an established CRM security.
- The NCSA also suggests to train the employees about data-breach prevention and what can be done when such issues occur.
- It is also important to choose a CRM provider who follows the data standards which are established by the International Organisation for standardization (ISO 27001).
Read our blog – How to select a CRM system?
Data security in cloud computing
CRM software comes up with the powerful tools in order to access and control your records. You can share and collaborate on records with different departments. As a business firm you will possess loads of data and information depending upon the size of your company. Thus, when you store your information and data in a cloud based CRM software, it will remain private and it can also be protected by inappropriate access. And when you keep your CRM software upgraded from time to time, you can avoid the system getting hacked by susceptible hackers. Your data and information about customer’s address, phone number, email or any business related data is all safe, secure and private in the CRM System.
Read our blog – Five Ways to Protect Your CRM Data in the Cloud
As the CRM softwares contains valuable and sensitive customer information. Thus it ensures-
- Preventing phishing and malware attacks
- Authenticating authorized users
- Managing user-sharing policies
- Encrypting data
- Monitoring transaction logs
Data Transfer— If you want to move your CRM data to a new platform or scale it up to another cloud provider, what will be the process, and how quickly can the transfer be done?
Many CRM platform providers offer multiple options to address each of these issues and provide effective data security standards, compliance and resiliency functionalities.
The CRM security measures gives users the ownership and control over the content through various CRM tools which are user friendly and can be accessed without any difficulty. In order to ensure that the customer data is secure, the cloud data encryption is implemented to store regulated data in the cloud. Thus, it allows users to protect sensitive data which is used to transfer, share or be used for various cloud based environments.
How CRM help you comply with data regulations?
- The very first step for CRM data protection is to ensure that the individual or individuals outside your organization does not get access to your customer data. At present most of the CRM providers are providing cloud based CRM applications were all the customer data can be secured and backed up when necessary with the help of data security in cloud computing.
- A CRM provides business visibility into the data they possess. So it becomes necessary to understand which data needs protection and which does not.
- You should also make sure that the stored data is used by the right people within the organisation for productive purposes.
- Protection of the online server access becomes very important to restrict any external invasion to the customer data. We can make various filtered access and keep the data secured. When there is required access levels the level of data misuse or leakage is usually negligible.
- Have a regular auditing and verification of the access control as you can have a check on any data security breaches that you might come across in regular work force. This helps in formulating proactive and futuristic measures for effective CRM data protection.
- When the regulations require the companies govern access to data, the CRM provides strong support and direction when it comes to meeting strict data regulations such as the EU’s , GDPR etc.
Read our blog – Data privacy: How do you protect and delete data in the cloud
How to choose the best CRM?
- Include the relevant departments in the evaluation process of the cloud CRM.
- See to that the Cloud CRM vendor is able to customize your requirements accordingly as the cloud CRM is not a one-size-fits-all software.
- Make a wish list of what you are going to achieve once you start using the CRM application. Making these wish lists also plays an important role because when you have goals to be achieved you can concentrate on your work more perfectly.
- Do not judge an online CRM software with its face value. Check out its features and test it out! The expert will take you through the usage of the software where you can clear all your doubts regarding its usage. Once you feel that you are satisfied with its functionality, you can get along with the further procedures. If you are thinking about which is the best cloud based CRM to be implemented in your business. Then don’t waste time and feel free to request a demo at SalesBabu CRM. You can visit our website https://www.salesbabu.com/ to know more.
- Take trials, communicate and read reviews before you select the cloud based CRM software.
- Choose an online CRM software which has user-friendly interface and let your sales reps understand the workings of the CRM application.
While choosing your CRM, see to that the vendor who is providing the CRM application ensures data security standards and is also having reputation in the business world for security. Though with any networked device you can not guarantee 100% data security in cloud computing. Just make sure that your data is hard to get for the hackers because they look out for easy targets while hacking. Being a small business or a business startup do not neglect on data security in cloud computing process. You can also check out the trusted SalesBabu CRM solution. You can also visit our website https://www.salesbabu.com/ at SalesBabu cloud based CRM software and request for a free demo.