The personality of an individual is determined and judged by his/her appearance, behaviour, attitude, education, values and some more varying characteristics.
Personality development is the process of developing a set of characteristics and traits which contribute to the overall personality of a person. It is not necessary if a person is having good dressing sense and speak fluent English is having good personality. They are only 2 characteristics of one’s personality. Personality development is all round development.
Personality development cannot happen in a day. It happens over time. There are multiple characteristics which need to be worked on while developing one’s personality. Here are some tips for enhancing the typical characteristics and attributes which add to an individual’s overall personality:
- Be Confident: Confidence is certainly the most important factor which adds to the personality of any individual. Due to mistakes, failure, guilty or any other thing your confidence may get down but it is undesirable. Such people perceive confidence as their weakness, while the truth is that confidence is an individual’s biggest strength. Your confidence reflects your character, attitude and passion. You should be confident about who you are and whatever you do. Being confident will help you to express yourself and stand amongst the crowd.
- Improve Communication Skills: They way you speak, it reflects who you are. Be polite, gentle; use decent words while interacting with everyone. Always keep your language simple in general interaction.
- Dress-up well: Develop your dressing sense, know how to dress for office, party or any other occasion. A person should therefore wear according to the situation and according to how well the attire suits him/her.
- Follow your passion and do what interests you: This will boost your confidence. Make sure that you give your best in whatever you do. This will add to your growth and strengthen your self confidence.
- Watch your body language: Try to make use of positive gestures while interacting with others. This shows that you’re at ease while having a discussion.
- Improve your social skills: Human is a social animal and he has to interact with group of people one or another time. Always stay updated with the current affairs and what is happening in your society. Try participating in group discussions and seminars. This will help you to be more open and adjust amongst a group of individuals.
- Develop Leadership Qualities: Leadership skills do not mean how well you give orders to your subordinates. It means how well you can manage your subordinates to accomplish a particular task. Work harder to set an example to your subordinates. Express yourself and always do as you say.
- Be Optimistic : Have a positive outlook towards everything. Nobody wants to be around a person who is negative and complaining all the time. Nobody wants to work or live with a pessimist.
- Be a Patient Listener: Be an enthusiastic listener. Listening is a very essential part of communication. This will help you to see things from the eyes of others. Mental presence is a must to be good listener. Try to get away from any possible distraction while talking to your family members, friends and co-workers. Ask questions to let the other person know that you were listening to him/her.
- Be a Good Learner: Good learning skills in an individual are highly desirable. You should always have the zeal to learn new things while at work. This reflects your enthusiasm. Don’t let yourself repeat the same mistakes. Learn from them.