Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales and sales team. Being a manager, he stands responsible for the success and failure of the sales department. He should be an inspiration for his team to be productive and successful to achieve targets. He is responsible for Training his team for best results and develop executive’s negotiation skills. He should always monitor performance of sales team, each product and services offered by company and take corrective step for content high sales performance in the interest of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Sales Manager :
- Sales Manager is responsible to meet sales targets with effective budgeting and planning.
- He sets targets for the sales team and, ensure that the target should be achievable.
- Duty of Sales Manager includes to map potential customers and to generate more opportunities for the organization.
- Sales Manager is also responsible for the promotion of brand.
- Being a manager – team motivation is one of the important responsibility of a sales manager. He should make his team working towards a common goal. His team members should share pleasant relationship. Arrange incentives and rewards to encourage the team. When team is encouraged they will deliver their best. Appreciate them when you get desired work.
- Track team’s performance and manage performance reports.
- A Sales Manager should be able to understand who can perform particular task better. He should extract the best from each employee.
Being A Team Manager Give Your Sales Team The Tool That They Need
Implementation of Sales Force Automation Software to remove administrative burden from your team, so that they can use this time in getting more business. It is easy to use software and streamlines your complete sales process. Dashboards and reports give you real time visibility of what is planned and what is pending. Your sales team can update their data from anywhere because it is cloud based application. It will be easy for your team to track, nurture and convert leads easily. They can quickly make quotations and sales orders which saves lot of time. It also helps you to optimize sales performance.
Recognize the achievements of your team
Recognize the achievements on a regular basis of your sales team. Encourage Everyone in your team to get success. Analyzing sales reports and team performance is the top priority of Sales Manager s. Spend one-on-one time with the people who need your assistance. Give them the training they need and solve their issues. Give them feedbacks about their performance. Provide suitable environment to your team. Get to know the strengths and weaknesses of them. Set smart goals and manage your team effectively. It gives good growth to your company. Treat all your salespeople equally. Positive feedback boost your team’s morale. When you set goals, make sure these are attainable and realistic.
How to track each sales activity?
Track the number of calls made and how many of these are converted by the sales team member with the help of the SalesBabu Sales force automation software. It enables sales people to close more deals. You can track every lead stage easily from anywhere, it is cloud based application. It keeps you updated about each sales activity.